”In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” - Henry Rollins. If you’re like me, springtime inspires you to open your windows and scrub everything down to get your home in tip-top shape.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Orlando to give your home a fresh start.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is a great time to make sure all of your home’s systems are working properly for the coming summer months. Homeowners in Orlando should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Run a test on your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Local HVAC companies may provide this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your home and family safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Put fresh batteries in your alarms in the spring and in the fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for cracks. Replace the caulking as you go. Install window treatments, like plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency. Open up every window to ensure that they can move freely.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
The best way to make your house sparkle is with a deep clean. Begin by decluttering every room to open up the space. Next, clean areas you don’t wipe down every week such as floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Shine your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Vacuum your furniture, and clean under and behind it as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your windows and screens to get rid of dirt and grime. Clean any shutters, draperies, or other window treatments. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After you’re done with deep cleaning, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate is to use what you already have. Rearrange your furniture to update the room’s look. Or you can shop your house. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you already own between rooms. Add more color with paint, bright accent pillows, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room, then browse through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of stunning rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve picked the style and color scheme you like, you can add coordinating furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
Window treatments are an easy item to update that complements your current furnishings and freshens up your home. You can choose from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters in addition to shades and blinds.
Check Out More Design Tips
Explore our design tips for even more ways to enhance your home. And if you find a look and window treatment that you want, call us at 407-630-7011 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our experts will guide you in finding the best window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.